Wednesday 17 July 2013

House of Fraser

https://www.facebook.com/houseoffraser/posts/10151604735613101?notif_t=like

Text:

   "Dear House of Fraser,

I cannot recall a time where I felt compelled to send negative feedback to a company before, but an issue has to be raised. On Sunday afternoon I was delighted to find myself with some free time and decided to seize the opportunity to visit your memorabilia shop in Dundrum, Ireland. Nostalgia is the longing to be placed in a previous time period due to the present being inadequate or simply disappointing. 

I have been a longtime fan of Fraser. His charm, wit and intellect all appealed to me that time he first appeared in season 3 episode 1 of Cheers. His instant rapport with the gang of misfits that occupied the Cheers tavern night after night appealed to the audience and to my heart. When Cheers ended and Fraser was to get his own show there was some trepidation among my part as I felt the character's legacy might be tarnished, past experience has shown that the realm of spin-off shows can be a cruel mistress. To my delight though, the show was excellent and at times proved to beat the impossible high standard set by Cheers.

This is where my disappointment comes into play with regards to your shop. I was under the impression that your store provided all things Fraser. The name of your franchise leads one to believe that you can purchase items that are seen on the show and that the stores layout would be similar to Fraser's Seattle apartment. I had already bought the dog bed elsewhere and was fully prepared to bring home my own Eddy that day. However, I'm left with no dog and an English housekeeper who I think might be the love of my life but I'm too intimidated by her beauty to approach her. This of course leaves for comical occurrences in my daily events, as the attempts to cover my passions leads to whacky situations. 

If you could stock items such as Martin's chair, Roz's soundboard or Niles' many handkerchiefs it would be much appreciated and would go a long way to mend some pain caused by the confusion of your franchises name.

I hope you are enjoying to good weather and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,
Niall."

No comments:

Post a Comment